Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just some smiles...

Just some smiles to share today. The kids are loving Joy Camp and I am so glad I signed them up and coughed up the cash for this! It was something I wasn't sure about and kind of questioned the week before, but so glad I went ahead and sent them. They love it. Especially Zachary. That child could live in a classroom and be happiest. He loves his teacher, Ms. Roni. She is a doll and a teaching vet...so she is super skilled at flexing things and being understanding...he is making new friends and having fun...every day big smiles for me when I get him and full of stories of what they did. A far cry from the wordless drives back to Edwards from his Palmdale preschool I had 3 years ago. Amazing to listen to him yammer on about what he did, saw and thought. LOVE IT! Erin is doing well too and seems comfortable...for her that is the biggest hurdle I wanted to work on. When we left CA and moved here she was in a horrible phase of separation anxiety and stranger anxiety. It was to the point I wasn't sure we would be able to do Mother's Day out with her...but she surprised us and pulled through...after weeks of tearful goodbyes on her part and mine. She struggled with new things, new people and new places, but now is awesome and having fun with the newness we throw at her. I am so happy to see that she has matured past that phase and realizing she is loved and safe even when I am not right there, and that she can be independent and have a blast. She is doing really well and even though she throws me more attitude than I am used to from Zachary, I love her to bits and I am thankful for her unique challenges and amazing personality. These two are so special and really make me so happy. The days of them being little are fading faster than I would like and I grasping at straws to keep them little for a bit longer....

No comments: