Friday, June 5, 2009

update...

Well Zach had his last day at "speech" school (the district special ed pre-school in Boron) on Wednesday.  I was worried he would be more upset today when he got up and no school, but seems like he was prepared and handled it well...he also had his behaviorist come by early and that helped.  She was here for about 2 hours. So far that has been going well for him and for me. I am really enjoying the feedback I am getting on things that are working, ways to change, shift and adjust things to help him...knowing if I am tackling issues that I need to and if I am doing it right...all of that is a big help.  I am seeing HUGE things right now with him...His speech is coming along so well...his self esteem and desire to do things, "all by meself"  Yes, that is how he says it.  He is willing to try more things and adjust to more things.  I am thankful that I am able to use rewards now to help him get through tough times...he is getting things and willing to try.  I am so darn proud of him!!! I know that saying goodbye to school and teachers is hard, but I am so excited for what lies ahead.  Graduation next week....wow!
Brandon goes TDy next week..I know great timing, huh?  We will do the final stuff alone and just make it work...packers on Monday the 15th and that whole crazy week is about getting it done and out of here.  I am ready...not actually ready for the move, I am frazzled.  But ready to go and not going to let the move itself take away from the excitement of this moment, leaving Edwards, starting over and having a great opportunity of living in San Antonio right ahead of us. 
Working on some sibling stuff with Erin and Zach right now...not really sharing me very well and playing together...hard at these ages when he can do big boy things and she still can't. She is very much a 2 year old already even with her b-day 2 weeks away...temper tantrums, no-no-no, I don't like it.  Oh Erin. She is so sweet, loving, funny and full of smiles most of the time...but the attitude has arrived.  I am hoping once we get to TX to get involved in doing more with her while he is at school all day...She needs it and I think it will help a lot.  I can't begin to imagine how lonely I will feel without my buddy all day.  I adore Zachary and as excited as I am for him to enter Kindergarten, I am so sad to think that I will be without him most of the day.  OH...growing up is hard!
That is about it...hoping the wind stops and it warms up so we can hit the pool tomorrow...I need to start packing our suitcases up and setting aside items for the car ride this weekend and next week...I can't believe that my time here is almost over...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As every door closes, another one opens. San Antino will be such a great place you and the family. New friends and new beginnings. As I've said before seeing Edwards in the rear view mirrow will be the happiest sight ever............:) Love you, Nestie ox

Unknown said...

I bet you can't get those boxes packed fast enough!! Hang in there!!

Maria said...

I am so freakin' jealous that you are getting out of this place. It really sucks to live one day at a time, hating where you are, and everyday wishing that the moving trucks were coming to MY house!