Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bumps in the road...

This will be brief as I am typing from the TLFs using dial-up since they don't have high speed Internet...shocking i know. This is Edwards people. The TLFs are actually nice...very big, pet friendly house, that is converted to a TLF. It is actually nicer and bigger than our first house on base in some ways. That part is going well.
Poor Zach now has a cough, I shared it with him and he asked if I would take it back.
Brandon has been at the house every night late. First painting the rooms back, then with the movers...oh the fun.
Erin and Zach are handling the change pretty well, but we had two big goodbyes in two days and I am sure once it sinks in, they will be sad. Yesterday we said goodbye to Taeja who has been working with Zach...a behaviorist...she is wonderful and has been a big help to him and to me. He adores her and really seemed to hit it off with her on day one...she was firm and fun and all that he needed...only wish it hadn't taken us so darn long to get the approval from the insurance and to start the therapy. She had a rough time getting my shy one Erin to warm up, but once Erin did she loved her too...Erin started to say her name and ask for her...so cute. We will miss her...I am so glad we had the chance to work with her and only pray we get someone as good in Texas that all of us click with.
Today we said goodbye to Erin...Big Erin as the kids call her...oh it was hard. I wanted to stay strong for the kids, it is harder for them when they see my crying and upset. So I didn't cry there, waiting until I saw Brandon and my empty house and cried. Erin has been a HUGE part of our lives for the past year and I honestly could NOT have made it through the deployment if not for her help. She was wonderful, sweet, loving and fun...the kids both adore her. I can't think of many memories this past year that she hasn't been a part of with us. I will always be thankful to her doing so much for us. Little Erin was sad driving away...she waved and said bye big Erin, I love you...heartbreaking for me.
My cell phone died Monday, revived by Brandon only to die again today...so I am without a phone and will be getting one in town tonight since I need one for the drive. Ugh...such as life. A big pain in the butt though when we have no home phone and are doing so much back and forth from the old house and TLFs.
Oh and the move...fun stuff...Our packers came Monday...did a great job from the part I saw, but I now think they might have been box and paper happy...sounds great, but takes more space on the truck and more to unpack on the other end....fun. So the kids and I stayed for the morning and left at 12 to meet Taeja at the TLF. They packed a ton though and were quick. Mover came the next day at 2 and said he planned to load early...looked at our stuff and said, wow that is a lot more than I had thought. Great...Well it all didn't fit on the truck. Don't freak out mom and dad, we only get part of a moving truck...since one half was full so we had the other half to use. I freaked out when Brandon called at 10 PM to tell me we weren't going to have it all on one truck and some was in the garage to be picked up later...ugh. Luckily the second truck came this AM loaded up the extra stuff, mostly garage items and it will head to TX at some point and be there by the 29th...just sucks to have to plan two delivery days. Oh well...trying to not be as mad as I was last night when I first heard. We are allowed 14000 pounds and initial weight was below 12000 of the first load, so we are good...I think we just have very well packed items. :)
So...now we are in the TLFs again today, Erin napping, Zach driving me nuts and Brandon cleaning the house...Sally confused and pacing and me just all over the place with emotions...fingers crossed that the truck(s) get there and all is in one piece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joys of moving.......emotions, farewells, illness, no cell phone and two moving trucks.....! May the worse be over and only smooth sailing ahead. Love you. Nestie ox

AprilJ said...

Well, it sounds like your move is going exactly like they usually do ;) UGH! Did I tell you we had 18 crates of stuff when we moved up here?? And like 18,000 pounds (good thing we moved on the civilian side of the gov't or we would have been WAY OVERWEIGHT!). Hang in there. Glad to hear TLF is above average!! We stayed in a hotel our last 2 nights in TX and it was a dream to have beds and some stability after the mover chaos. Godspeed on your drive. (((HUGS)))

Maria said...

Hope you guys have a good drive to TX. Don't tear up too much when you see Edwards AFB in your rear view mirror...you'll be back:)

Kelley said...

Things are moving along! The goodbyes are difficult, I am sure. Lots of emotions and that's ok. You are that much closer to TX!