Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happiness is...

Edwards AFB in my rear view mirror! 
(see photo below)
 I had wanted to buy this shirt for 4 years and finally did and had the occasion to wear it as we drove off the base for the last time on June 19th.  Oh yeah!  Sadly for Edwards they sell this at the BX, so that should tell you that I am not the only one with this poor opinion of the place.  I am working to get the house in order so I can take photos of it to post on here too.  We had some bad luck with a few things and finally are starting to make progress...the second truck came today...we pulled all the plants and flowers out of the yard today, they all were dead!  The water restrictions, lack of rain and fact our landlord didn't have anyone take care of it left it all dead. So we have some yard work to do, but I love that stuff, so I am glad to do that as soon as I get the chance.  I look forward to planting flowers and working on that part of the house.  The boxes are slowly disappearing, things being hung on the wall and some semblance of life is occurring here....Kids are signed up for swim lessons starting tomorrow night and Tumbling starting next Tuesday night.  Each one has a class, so it will be fun for both...found a great place near the house that does both.  Civilization has perks!  Got Erin enrolled in Kids Day Out at the United Methodist Church in Schertz...had such good luck with Zach at a Methodist school in CA, thought it would work here too...Kitchen is painted and we will be working on Zach's pink room next. :)  He has been patient about it.  I love the 2 story floor plan...the kids can have fun and go nuts upstairs and I don't even care. :)  Plus going up and down is going to help me tone up I think!  All in all things are good...meeting people and enjoying being back in Texas so far...one week down and I am still smiling a lot more than I did in Edwards.  Here is the photo of me in my shirt. ;) 

1 comment:

AprilJ said...

That is hilarious! Am glad things are coming together so well for you on the home front. You've accomplished more in a week than we did in 6 months living up here. Well done :) Hope you guys have a great weekend!