Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A month of being thankful...


Each day this month on facebook I have tried to make my status something i am thankful for...be it big or small, I put something out there that is on my mind or heart.  Some days it is pretty silly, like my DVR or Ebay...mind you to me they are very important...but I am sure it seems superficial to others.  Reality is I am not sure 30 days is enough to say all I am thankful for...But, I will try here on my blog, to give some of my top 30 most thankful things, honestly included. ;)
1. Thankful for my health and that of my loved ones.
2. Thankful for a house, clothing, food, and not going without.  If anything, I have far, far too much.
3. Thankful for two children that love each other and are friends.
4. Thankful to be married to a man I can say I am proud of and admire all of his achievements.
5. Thankful for the opportunities to move, meet new people, see new places and have new experiences.  
6. Thankful for Facebook, email, text messages, free long distance and all the ways I am able to keep in touch with people who live far away. 
7. Thankful for my DVR, I won't lie on my own blog, I love TV and love getting to watch my shows when I have time. 
8. Thankful for ebay.  This one is very true. I LOVE ebay.  It is a great thing in my life. 
9. Thankful for all of the services we have for Zachary, his support groups, therapies and amazing people that work with him.  His progress and achievements are owed to so many wonderful people.
10. And, thankful for the families I meet through those groups....It is an amazing feeling to be surrounded by other parents who get it.  Who deal with the same struggles and concerns. No matter how different kids on the spectrum are, we all seem to circle the same issues. It is nice to not feel judgement or pity and be able to share with those who simply get it.
11. Thankful for great friends near and far, who don't get it first hand, but try their best.  They give me love, support and smiles when I need it and remind me that I am doing a pretty good job most days.
12. Thankful strangely for autism.  With it has brought many changes to our family, good and bad.  But it has shown me so much. 
13. Thankful for the chance for both of my children to be in great schools with wonderful teachers.  They both love school and that is a gift for life.
14. Thankful for Sally.  When I quit the gym last month to save money, she stepped up and became my walking/workout buddy again. I love it. 
15. The beach, especially my beloved Atlantic Beach.  I feel at home every time I am there and I love that feeling.
16. Thankful for surprises.  Some of the best things in life are surprises or unexpected events. I love them!
17. Coffee...my one sure vice...I love coffee.
18. Thankful that I get to be a stay at home mom.  I can go to lunch with Zach whenever I want, I have time to do fun things with Erin and just enjoy the kids...I am very thankful for that every single day.
19. Thankful for all modern devices that make my life easier...dishwasher, washing machine, computer, dryer, microwave, keurig, tv, dvd player, etc.  It is amazing how much we depend on them when one of them breaks...
20. Thankful to our assignment in San Antonio.  Until this assignment we hadn't had one that we really loved. I love it here, so much I could see us coming back one day.  Thank you AF for this assignment.
21. Thankful to be an American. Proud to be one too!
22. Thankful to have gotten to work in a career field I loved, even for a short time. I learned so much and met some amazing people that still make me smile and feel proud of what they have accomplished. 
23. Thankful to have my parents in my life and my children's lives.
24. Thankful for books and my love of reading...I love to read and get lost in a good book. 
25. Thankful for my walks...I love my long walks outside...time to think, unwind, exercise...love it.
26.  Thankful for the opportunities I was given by my parents...no matter if I failed or disappointed, they supported and loved me unconditionally.  They gave me wings and roots...even when it was hard to let me use my wings, they did.  They have taught me so much and always been there for me no matter what. 
27. Thankful for Brandon...he is my best friend and rock. I am so glad he puts up with me!  He is a genuinely good person and it doesn't hurt that he can fix anything. :)
28. Thankful for my Erin. She was one of the BIGGEST and best surprises in my life.  She has been such a wonderful blessing to me and our family. Her beautiful smile, personality, sweetness and big heart make me so happy and proud to be her mom.  I love her to bits and I am so thankful she came into our lives, right when she did.
29.  My Zachary. He has shown me so much about myself, being a mom and about life. He is so smart it amazes most people. He is kind, sweet, loving and quite funny. He is also someone that has come so far and done so much. He is my hero in many ways.  I am beyond proud to be his mom and I honestly don't feel worthy enough most days...he is wonderful...
30. Life....most of all I am thankful for my life...my chance to experience all of this and so much more. Each day, each sunrise and sunset...just thankful for that.

My wonderful blessings....never could be thankful enough for these two. 

No comments: