Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving in NC - Photos

I hadn't taken the time to get my photos from NC on the blog yet, so I thought tonight I would put some of them up here to share.  We definitely had a great trip and got some great photos of the kids.  We did a lot of things on this trip that were less "exciting" than some of our other trips, but had a lot of purpose.  We went to Winston one day and ate at one of my childhood all time favorite places, Mayberry's.  For some reason each trip back over the last ten years with Brandon and since had the kids, we have gone lots of places, but never there.  As a little girl it was a big treat to go eat there.  My mom would take me there a lot after visits to the big hospital in downtown Winston...I spent lots of time there for my ears and later growth hormone therapy. They have the best Bean and Bacon Soup at Mayberry's...the best!  It was a lot of fun to me to take my kids there on this trip and even better that they loved it...well neither would try my soup, but Brandon did!


We then took them to another favorite place of mine Old Salem.  I love Colonial places, just ask my dad sometime how much I loved Williamsburg.   We sadly went on Monday and they were closed...we got to walk around and check out the stores and bakery, but not do all the touristy things.  Which in reality might have been lost on the kids.  They had fun regardless.  The most fun was playing in the leaves.  When we lived in our first house in CA we had a ton of leaves.  We had a few huge trees in that yard (the house was deplorable, but the yard rocked)...we always got tons of leaves in the fall.  Zach loved to play in them and still talks about that.  Erin never has had fall leaves, so this was a treat for both kids.  Hours of entertainment I tell you!








Our trip was so special. It was one of the first times that it was easy to travel as a family. Zachary was like a different child in so many ways.  He didn't obsess about the usual thing he does when we travel.  He had real conversations with my parents and played a lot with Erin, with us and just was very engaged in everything we did.  The kids didn't fight. I am not kidding.  The week before we left they fought and they fought once we got home, but that week, they were awesome.  Our travel was easy.  We had a great time.  I am so thankful for these memories and times with them and my parents...it is so special and so treasured.

2 comments:

Eralel83 said...

GREAT pictures!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures - especially the two of them on the bench. Just adorable!!!!!!!