Friday, December 10, 2010

Fevers, TDY and the Stomach Bug, Oh My!

So this week didn't go as planned. I had so much on my "To Do" list.  And as always happens, life happens.  Our in our case, poop, throw up and fevers.  What can you do?  You just have to go with it and hope next week you can the stuff done you didn't this week and some things, must get knocked off that list.  Like my Christmas card...photos printed, no long Susan info letter included.  I just didn't have it in me to write and then print them all, etc.  So, I am taking the year off and I am okay with that.
Poor Zachary was sick 3 days last week with a mystery fever.  Now this week it was again a fever that brought him to my room at 5 AM Wednesday.  That turned into what we now know is the stomach bug.  Poor kiddo hasn't felt well at all and I wish there was something I could do.  But with the stomach bug, there isn't much.  I just have to pray and hope that the rest of us are spared and he recovers quickly.  It is no fun to see your baby sick.  He is missing a lot of fun things at school and bored.  He looks awful.  It isn't easy to keep Erin away from him, her best buddy.
Brandon left Tuesday night...he will be back later tonight.  So hopefully the rest of my list of things to do can get done this weekend.  Erin has a fun birthday party tomorrow and her dance recital after that. I have plans to head out shopping on Sunday to get my final items...I hopeful I can get it all done and not have to rush around next week...there are other things on my list then. ;)  SO much to do...but it is a fun time of the year if you don't let the crazy get to you.
The kids both have fun stuff at school next week, we have our Squadron Christmas Formal to go to and then the end of school for Christmas break...hard to believe it is almost here, but I am really excited.  I love having them all to myself for a while.
So onto the next week and hopefully none of us get sick too...I am running out of things to cross of of my list.

No comments: