Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Zach's Birthday!

It is really hard to believe he is 7.  I see the changes, the growth, the progress each day...I know how hard he has worked over the past few years and how much he has really grown up in so many ways.  It doesn't go unnoticed by me, not for a minute.  But, as wonderful as it all is, it is hard to see my baby growing up too.  
He had a fantastic birthday and for that I am thrilled...he has been so excited, for months, about turning 7.  I promised him if he learned to tie his shoes he could have a laser tag birthday party. I think bribery is awesome...he can tie his shoes.  He had a great party and a lot of people came...almost everyone he invited came and most of all the kids he really cares about and likes came...that was the best part.  Some you know are there just because it is a party, but some, they come for the child and we knew who those were.  
He had a big day...his exact words as I walked into his class holding cupcakes, "This is the best day ever mom". He had lost his first tooth at lunch the Friday (the 20th), before his birthday.  He was the last child in his class to lose a tooth, he was over the moon.  He bit into an apple at lunch and I guess it became super loose and a teacher helped pull it.  He was grinning ear to ear...photos below.  
We took him out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner per his request...he loves their steak bites. My horrible eater is now a picker eater, but a good eater...if he likes it, watch out.  He got to ride the saddle while he was sung happy birthday...Photo below also...he had a blast!!!!  
Brandon and I talked a lot about our special boy...we laughed and joked and I cried too.  It is amazing to me how far he has come, especially the last 3-4 years.  He is a remarkable little boy.  I won't say we haven't been challenged, but we have been given so much more in return.  He is really a joy in every sense of the word.  He is full of light, smiles and love. He is so excited to do things and always giving huge hugs.  He is my buddy and a good person.  I am thankful every day for the gift of him in my life. More than anything else in my life, he has given me a purpose and brought more joy to my life than I had thought possible.  I am forever thankful that I was given the honor to be his mom.  I hope he always knows how much he is loved and how thankful I am for him. 
Here is the fabulous birthday in photos!!!

Me and the birthday boy!
     Lucky me with both my babies...
 The boys
 He had a blast!
 Showing off his tooth.
 Yes, he was super excited!
 Having his class sing to him...
 Mrs. Sides First grade...
 He loved his huge # 7 balloon...
 Not the cake I ordered, but the one we got...still cute and tasted good.
 At laser legend.
 Making a big wish!
 Atta boy!
 You did it.
 You are 7...hope this year is all you dreamed and more!

2 comments:

Eralel83 said...

Yes a very happy birthday to Zach! He is getting so tall! Hard to believe how fast time goes.

AprilJ said...

Can you believe 7 years!??! Honestly, time flies way too quick. I'd like to slow it down now. Officially. We love you guys!!!