Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Break...

So sorry I didn't get this stuff posted before, but better late than never, right?
We had a very low key, but fun spring break.  I am so thankful for the time together...I am wishing each day they stay small just a bit longer and that time slows down so I can continue to enjoy them at this special time and age...it just goes too fast.
We spent the Monday of spring break at Sea World with friends...Zach's BF and his teacher's family.  It was a lot of fun and a great day, sunny and warm.  Tuesday Zachary got to go on base an fly the T-6 (trainer plane) simulator.  Dad was a rock star that day for sure, hooking him up with a wonderful 45 minutes of pure boy enjoyment.  Erin had no interest, so Zach gladly took her time and enjoyed it all.  It was a great.  We went to our first family night time movie...saw the Lorax.  We went to dinner at the Tower's of America for our Anniversary (2nd year in a row...tradition brewing). Zachary, Erin and I went in for eye exams...I am still stuggling to come to terms with glasses full time or one contact...I just am not a contact fan...Zach was told he needed glasses, big shocker!  He has one eye that is very near sighted, but on all regular exams at the Dr, he was fine...so glad we took him for a complete exam. He was actually really excited about it, picked out his pair and has handled wearing them great. :)  All in all it was a fun week filled with love, smiles and surprisingly no arguing or fighting that I can remember.  I can say that is a huge improvement for us.  Vacations, while always a fun thing, tend to be super stressful and difficult for us. The lack of structure and routine kick our butts, usually Zachary's and make them harder than they should be.  This was an exception to the rule and I loved it. I am hopeful we are turning some corners, but I know, 2 steps forward usually means 3 steps back and with a big move ahead, I won't kid myself yet, we have a long way to go until we kiss difficult goodbye.  But, it is a step in the right direction for now, and I will take that!

Here are our photos...

Playing their DS games together...this is a big thing for them to do together.
 Date night! They think going out for our anniversary is such a fun treat.
 Picnic at the park with our church...
 Sea World
 My handsome boy...
 Shamu...

 Maddie and Erin...sweet girls...
 The dolphins!
 Erin...
 Atlantis, Zach's favorite ride.
 Zach and his BFF Max...
 Erin and I and the Penguin...she loves Penguins....
 Flying...
 Glasses...
 Waiting in line to meet Elmo and Abby from Sesame Street...
 With his dad...such a fun day for him...
 My handsome and sweet boy....
 He had the hang of it...
 My wonderful family!

No comments: