Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lent begins...

With the start of Lent it is often a time people stop and think of things they can give up and do without.  Things they don't need, should quit or are too dependent on.  I gave up soda last year and haven't had any since.  I am not sure this year I have something to give up, I have so many things I wish to change and to work on in my life and myself.  I fall short so often of the person I should be and I know I can be.  I would love to be more patient, more thoughtful and more forgiving.  I would love to curb my temper and frustration...be more present each day in my life and enjoy everything as it comes and as it is.  I hope this Lent season I can find things to change in my life and give up some habits and parts of me that I am not very proud of having....
That is the part of church I hope my children learn and appreciate...to realize we all can be better than we are.  We are works in progress.  As long as we keep trying and hoping to improve, then we are doing okay.
I did copy one of my favorite songs from church from youtube to share...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr-fzOSRERs

No comments: