Monday, March 28, 2011

Off the Radar

So I have been bad about blogging as of late...for those that check here on a regular basis...sorry.  I just haven't made the time to sit and write much lately.  Nothing bad going on, but keeping busy with other things and just lost track of my blog for a bit.
I cleaned out a lot of toys and items to put into another consignment sale...cleaned, organized, labeled and took to the sale...we brought it all over last night and then went out to dinner on the way home. It was farther away than I would have normally gone for a consignment sale, but we made an event out of it, so it was fun.  The kids were so good about "donating" items to sell and very helpful when we were placing them on the sales floor.  I wasn't expecting that.  It was nice to clean out some things that we didn't use anymore, but admittidly some were hard to let go of...mostly little toys and puzzles that were Zachary's and then Erin's.  It simply signifies that they are big kids now, not babies and the baby toys aren't needed.  I packed up many toys and held back tears...I know it was the right thing to get rid of them, but it is also so hard too...I hate that.
The kids spent most of the day with their dad riding bikes and at a park.  I am glad they had a fun time while I was busy...Brandon had been gone Friday night and Saturday and will be gone a lot the next week...so it was good for them to have some alone time with just him.  I have been feeling the need to do some spring cleaning and tackling little projects here and there in the house.  It feels good to get some things done and cleaned out, but what a process.  Once I start one project, my mind fast forwards to the 7 other things I need to and should be doing...amazing what just doesn't get cleaning or attended to in normal weekly living.
Another week is starting and I am having a rough time realizing it is the end of March..how fast has this year flown by?  I don't want summer to get here...I love summer normally, but not this time...I will then have a a 7 and 4 year old...so depressing to me right now...
I am off to get ready to take Erin to gymnastics...I will post some photos later...

1 comment:

Eralel83 said...

Crazy that the kids will be 4 and 7! Time really does fly by. I am sure it was definitely hard to let go of some of those baby toys. Christian loves the ones that you gave to me (the Little People Zoo, Puzzles, Cars, etc.)